Redondo Beach Family Attorney
California Divorce Mediation Attorney
When you are involved in divorce proceedings, you may have numerous questions at every stage of the process. If you are the primary income-earner in the home, you will probably have questions about what financial responsibilities you will have after the divorce and whether your assets will be protected. As a parent, you may be worried about whether you will get to spend enough time with your children.
Regardless of the concerns you are facing, working with an attorney who understands the big picture is important. With a B.S. in finance and as a licensed realtor and attorney, I offer my clients the legal counsel they need at every step of the process. As a California family lawyer, I represent clients throughout the South Bay and Los Angeles in family law matters, including:
- Contested and uncontested divorce: I work closely with clients to help them find cost-effective solutions to anything that arises during a contested divorce or uncontested divorce. This includes matters regarding property division, spousal support, parenting plans, and allocation of responsibility for attorney fees and costs.
- Alimony: Alimony or spousal support may be awarded to one spouse after a divorce to help him or her maintain the lifestyle he or she grew accustomed to during the marriage. I work with clients to help ensure that only relevant income is considered in the support payments. If you are a spousal support recipient, I will help position you to receive the most that you are entitled to under California law.
- Child support and child custody: When parents contact me during a divorce, they are typically concerned about whether they will receive enough parenting time with their children and how much support they will pay or receive. If your situation has changed since your original decree, I can help you receive a modification for your support or custody orders.
- Fathers’ rights: The presumption is that both parties will share responsibility of raising the children. If you are a father who has questions or concerns regarding child custody determinations, I can help.
- Mediation: The only people who win in court are the lawyers. Going to trial is expensive and often increases contention between couples instead of working to reduce it. I am a qualified mediator, and I help my clients find cost-effective and amicable solutions outside of court.
- Paternity: Being a parent has many financial responsibilities and rights. Parents are entitled to custodial time with their children, and they are also obligated to support them financially. Whether you are a mother who wants to hold your child’s father accountable, or you are a father who is fighting for your rights to your child, I can help.
- Prenuptial agreements: Because financial disputes can be one of the main problems in a relationship, writing a prenuptial agreement can help proactively settle these disagreements before they start. I help clients protect their real estate, businesses and other personal property from becoming marital property. If it is important to you to keep separate property from becoming community property, a prenuptial agreement is required.
- Restraining orders: I work with clients to file and enforce restraining orders. When domestic violence is a concern in divorce or custody cases, it has a huge influence on the outcome of the case. If you are named as the subject of a restraining order, there are many legal ramifications that you need to protect yourself against.
Regardless of the obstacles you are facing in family law matters, is it important to find an experienced Redondo Beach family lawyer who can help you find the solutions you need.